Coba Mayan Adventure Tour & Monkey Reserve
The community of Punta Laguna, conscious of rapid tourism development, has wisely decided to participate in eco-tourism by promoting activities which are aimed towards the preservation of their culture and the land. The marvelous natural environment of this area is characterized by impressive lagoons, a cenote with crystal-clear water and a semi-decidous jungle with trees of up to 100ft and an extraordinary bio-diversity of flora (over 300 species) and fauna (potential habitat for over 300 species of birds and many other species with a special protection status such as the Jaguar, Puma, Ocelot, Collared Peccary, White-tailed Deer, Red-brocket Deer, Agouti and many more).
The early settlers of Cobá took advantage of a series of small lagoons to found their city; which was possibly the largest pre-Hispanic settlement of the Classic period in northern Yucatán. Cobá flourished between 300-1000 AD, there are five main architectural groups distributed around the lakes connected by an impressive road network of sacbeoob (ancient white roads). The temple known as Nohoch Mul is about 42m tall (138 ft) and from the top you can see the jungle like a green carpet covering an ancient city of 72km2 (45 square miles).
- 8-9 am: pick up at the hotels.
- Visit the Punta Laguna Reserve (hike the jungle in search of monkeys and other wildlife, canoe in the turquoise-colored lagoon, zip line across the water, participate in a Mayan ceremony and swim in the cenote).
- Delicious Yucatec meal (buffet).
- Visit to the Coba archaeological site (learn, bike and climb the area's biggest temple!).
- 4:30-5:00 pm drop off at the hotels.
Maya Inland Expedition is the perfect excursion to experience and learn about the Mayan past and present as well as the nature of the Peninsula of Yucatan in a very active day zip lining, swimming, canoeing, biking and climbing. This is one of our most recommended tours, eco-tourism at its best!!! Great for the entire family.
Included in Tour:
- Transportation in Air-conditioned Van
- Mexico Kan Tours Guide
- All entrance fees (nature reserve and Coba)
- All activities in Punta Laguna
- Bicycle in Coba
- Guidance in Coba
- Lunch, Snacks and Drinks