Chichén Itzá and Cenote Tour
World Wonder Discovery is the heart of Mexican Kan Tours. For the company director, the archeological site of Chichén Itzá is the main career focus, as well as the theme of his university thesis.
Recently selected as one of the official wonders of the world, Chichén Itzá is the most famous archeological site on Yucatan peninsula and surely the rest of Mesoamerica as well. The excellent reconstruction of this site with its ancient city ruins makes it an absolute “must-see” destination for any visitor to Yucatan peninsula. Chichén Itzá is an impressive example of the cultural exchange between Mexicans of the North and the indigenous Maya.
Chichén Itzá is located just outside of Valladolid, a colonial city with well-preserved tranquil atmosphere traditionally found in this region. Valladolid is the perfect rest stop offered by Mexico Kan Tours after the visit to Chichén Itzá ruins. Also close to Valladolid, there are many cenotes, and one such natural marvel you will visit on this tour is located in a cave 'Dzinup.' The calcium formations of this cenote reflected in crystal-clear water are a spectacular vision that you won’t soon forget!
- 8-9am: pick up at the hotels
- Visit the ruins at Chichén Itzá
- Cool off swimming in a beautiful cenote (flooded cave)
- Yucatec lunch at the colonial hacienda 'El Mesón del Marque’s' in downtown Valladolid
- Free time to walk in the main plaza of Valladolid and visit to the Sisal neighborhood
- 6:30-7pm: drop off at your hotel
World Wonder Discovery is perfect for those who wish to experience a journey to the ancient past. The monumental and impressive restoration of the Chichén Itzá site provides a unique perspective of the former grandeur of this ancient Mayan city. The afterward visit to colonial city Valladolid and its marvelous surrounding cenotes makes for a balanced combination. This is a tour where you'll experience a day of authentic Yucatec culture.
Included in Tour:
- Transportation in air-conditioned Van
- Mexico Kan Tours Guide
- Professional guidance in Chichen Itza
- All entrance fees (Chichen Itza, Cenote)
- Lunch, Snacks and Drinks